“The Queen has spoken!”
Reservation Cancellation Policy
The Alexander Mansion is a small B&B with a limited number of rooms. Due to our small size and the fact that we do not overbook like large hotels, cancellations and changes made to arrival and departure dates affect us significantly. Please read and understand our cancellation policy:
Check in time is 4-6pm. If you need to arrive before 4pm or after 6pm, please call so we can make suitable arrangements.
- All cancellations must be made by a person-to-person telephone call.
- If cancellations are made 7-14 days ahead of reserved date, we will process your credit card the full amount and mail you a gift certificate or retain credit on our books for the full amount, which you may use any time during the folowing twelve months.
- All cancellations made within 7 days of your anticipated arrival will be charged the full amount of your stay and will not receive a gift certificate.*
- Please call us to discuss your specific situation and needs. We’ll do everything possible to accomodate your requirements.
- Multiple room bookings may require a 50% per room deposit.
* We suggest you contact your travel agent for trip cancellation insurance in the event of unforeseen changes in your plans.
All rates are quoted based on single/double occupancy. Most of our rooms contain one bed and are suitable for two persons. The Judge Thomas Wilson Suite has an additional full size futon and can accommodate a third person. Please call us to discuss before booking. Rate for each additional person is $30 per night.
Alexander Mansion is an adult oriented bed & breakfast where guests come to experience a peaceful & tranquil visit. Unfortunately the presence of young children, toddlers and infants is not conducive to this experience most often resulting in disappointment and discomfort for everyone involved. Young Adults 12+ are welcome.
Winona area is home to a number of excellent B&B’s including some who are family oriented and will provide a fabulous B&B experience for you. We would recommend consulting the Visit Winona web site lodging pages which lists the age limits of the member B&B’s.
Pets are welcome in the Judge Thomas Wilson Suite. There is a $25 pet fee for the first night and $40 pet fee for two or more nights. Please contact innkeeper if you are planning to bring your pet.
The Alexander Mansion is proud to offer a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted in guest rooms, bathrooms, on the veranda or porches, indoor public areas, nor anywhere on our grounds where it may impact other guests or pose a fire hazard. We will assess a $400 cleaning fee to your credit card for any violations of our no smoking policy